If you didn’t know already, I currently took the leap to train in Georgia. I love my life and home in San Diego, but I knew I needed to change my environment for a bit, to focus on giving myself the best shot at competing at the CrossFit Games as an individual again.
The greatest growth in life comes from putting ourselves in new environments. When we are in new places, we are forced to adapt, grow, and change. We learn a lot about ourselves and what we are capable of.
But, you don’t have to completely move your entire life to receive the benefits of being in a new environment. That’s why traveling is so great! Experiencing new places, new cultures, and customs pushes us to grow. The world is a big place, and there are plenty of opportunities to learn from it!
With my current move to train in Georgia, summer around the corner, and hearing more about places people want to visit in the near future, I wanted to share some of my must-haves when I travel.
Whether I am traveling for competitions, work, vacation, or our fitness reiterates, I like to make sure I ALWAYS have these things with me.
Lauren’s Travel Musts
- Reusable water bottle & Live Momentous Protein Travel Packs. Getting in your protein while traveling can be so difficult, so I always make sure to have these Live Momentous travel packs on hand with me.
- Pack your snacks/ meals ahead of time. Depending on where I’m going and how easy it is to transport food, I usually have a few meals already made, so I don’t have to worry about buying the expensive food at the airport. Some easy options also include; protein bars, nut butters, overnight oats, fresh fruit like a banana or apple, deli meat, veggies & hummus.
- Purse for my most important items: passport, wallet, hand sanitizer, mask, boarding passes, headphones. It’s easy to just reach and grab for what I need and the constant need to show your id/ boarding pass quickly.
- Comfortable clothes. AND a sweatshirt/jacket. For some reason, I’ve never been one of those people to wear jeans/ on a long flight. A pair of workout tights always does the trick for me, and I also always pack some sort of sweatshirt for the flight because you risk having a flight where the AC is full blast. I think I would rather be cold than hot, but not so cold I can’t get comfortable. The worst!
- Socks and shoes. Comfy shoes for all the walking. The Nike Pegasus are my FAVS for not just traveling, but for any run workout. You can check them out HERE. And throw some compression socks in your bag so you can throw those on during the flight to help promote blood flow, so you don’t wake up at your destination with swollen feet. Do your feet a favor; they will thank you.
There ya have it! My top 5 travel musts. I hope these give you some inspiration on what to bring on your next trip!
I want to hear from you! What are your travel musts? And where are you planning on going?